Northside Geriatric Inpatient Program
The Geriatric Inpatient Program at Archbold Northside is a short-term, inpatient program that provides treatment for senior adults. Our 18-bed secured unit is specifically designed to care for the unique needs of the geriatric patient suffering from psychiatric and chemical dependency problems.
Geriatric Psychiatric Services
As a result of the aging process, senior citizens can experience a variety of changes in their emotional state. We provide treatment for a range of psychiatric problems including:
- Agitation associated with dementia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Other mental health conditions
Discharge and Aftercare Planning
Upon completion of the Geriatric Inpatient Program, our therapists work with the inpatient, family members and caregivers to transition the patient back into their home, long-term care facility or assisted-living facility in a smoother, stress-free manner.
Chemical Dependency/Dual Diagnosis Services
Northside utilizes Living in Balance, an evidence-based treatment program, for treating patients who are dealing with alcohol, drug or opiate addiction.
Our comprehensive treatment program includes:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Psychosocial assessment
- History and Physical Exam
- Medical management
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Medically supervised drug and alcohol detoxification
- Medication evaluation and management
- Individualized treatment plan
- Individual and group therapy
- Recreational and educational therapy
- Case management
- Patient and family education