Athletic Training Services at Archbold
Archbold’s Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC®) work with physicians, patients, parents, and athletic personnel to coordinate efficient healthcare and ensure injury prevention for student-athletes in our area.
Archbold’s Advanced Therapy & Sports Medicine Clinic is proud to be the official sports medicine provider for Thomasville High School and Thomas County Central athletics.
Why Is Athletic Training Important?
As a part of the school healthcare team, services provided by athletic trainers include primary care, injury and illness prevention, wellness promotion and education, emergent care, examination, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. Athletic trainers are trained to recognize general medical conditions, injuries, and illnesses. They also possess the unique ability to write, communicate, and provide emergency care, which is critical for stabilizing an athlete before EMS arrives.
What Do Athletic Trainers Do?
Athletic trainers (ATs) are highly qualified healthcare professionals who render service or treatment under the direction of, or in collaboration with, a physician. Athletic trainers provide onsite medical coverage for practices and games, which allows student-athletes immediate access to care for all types of injuries.
Common duties of athletic trainers include:
- Applying protective or injury-preventive devices, such as tape, bandages, and braces
- Recognizing and evaluating injuries in athletes
- Providing first aid or emergency care on site
- Develop and carry out rehabilitation programs for injured athletes
- Plan and implement comprehensive programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes
- Perform administrative tasks, such as keeping records and writing reports on injuries and treatment programs
Why Choose Archbold’s Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine for Athletic Training
Archbold's Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine Clinic offers goal-directed treatments that help patients return to their daily activity levels. Our licensed professionals and clinicians use state-of-the-art equipment and new technologies to help you return to a happy and healthy life post-surgery or illness.
Archbold on-site athletic trainers help South Georgia student-athletes stay in the game. Some of the duties of athletic trainers include:
- Assists and monitors injured players as they heal and progress toward recovery
- Creates health and nutrition plans
- Designs training and rehabilitation programs for athletes
- Maintains records in relation to the athlete’s condition, training, diet, and treatment plans
- Sets health and fitness goals for athletes
- Works with coaches, athletes, and medical professionals to evaluate the physical medical condition of players
Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine
2300 E. Pinetree Boulevard, Thomasville 31792