Hospice of Southwest Georgia serves the following counties: Thomas, Grady, Mitchell, Brooks, Decatur and Colquitt.
What does Hospice of Southwest Georgia offer?
- A team approach to pain and symptom management
- Experienced, compassionate nurses and certified nursing assistants
- Medical equipment, oxygen, supplies and prescription drugs related to hospice diagnosis
- Education on illness
- Assistance from hospice aides with bath and other activities
- Supportive emotional care for the family and caregivers
- Spiritual support
- Assistance with advanced directives
- Assistance obtaining community resources
- Support during and after the “journey of life”
- Volunteer services (reading, visiting, sitting, running errands, making phone calls)
Hospice of Southwest Georgia offers a multitude of volunteer opportunities that allow volunteers to interact with hospice patients and their families.
- Flower delivery via the Flower Angels program
- Camp HEAL
- Birdfeeder program
- Caregiver relief
- Letter writing
- Running errands for patients and their families
- Dog Therapy
- Meal assistance
- Patient visits
- Office work
For more information about volunteer opportunities with Hospice of Southwest Georgia, please contact Carol Chason, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 229.584.5504.