A Randomized, Double-blind, Phase 3 Study of the JAK1/2 Inhibitor Ruxolitinib or Placebo in Combination with Capecitabine in Subjects with Advanced or Metastatic Adenocarcinoma of the Pancreas Who have Failed or are Intolerant to First-line Chemotherapy (JANUS 1)
The purpose of this study is to determine overall survival of patients on the study drug (ruxolitinib) and capecitabine compared to using capecitabine alone. The study is also comparing the efficacy of the treatment regarding progression-free survival and how long the tumor response is.
Who can join?
Eligible participants may include those with:
- Pancreatic cancer
- Those who have been treated with 1 prior chemotherapy regimen
- Good performance status
- Those who are able swallow oral medication
What is involved?
- Study commitment for at least 6 months
- Routine blood testing as well as study specific testing
- Physical examinations
- Evaluation of your progress using CT, MRI or PET scans
- Quality of Life questionnaires