A phase ½ study of ixazomib as a replacement for bortezomib or carfilzomib for multiple myeloma (MM) patients recently relapsed or refractory to their last combination regimen containing either bortezomib or carfilzomib.
The purpose of this study is to determine the safety and tolerability of ixazomib (study drug). The study is also looking for the maximum tolerated dose of the study drug, ixazomib. Response rates or efficacy of the study drug is also being determined through this clinical trial.
Who can join?
Eligible participants may include those with:
- Multiple Myeloma
- Those who have been treated with bortezomib (Velcade) or carfilzomib
- Good performance status
What is Involved?
- Study commitment for at least 2 months
- Routine blood testing as well as study specific testing
- Physical examinations
- Evaluation of your progress using blood work
- Possible bone marrow biopsy required