You’ll Love Life in South Georgia
If you’re looking for a place that boasts warm and welcoming locals, small-town charm, a broad range of family-friendly entertainment, and outdoor adventure, Southwest Georgia is the place for you.
A few reasons locals choose to call South Georgia home include:
- A safe and healthy place to live and raise a family
- Family-centered communities
- Strong city and county public schools and private school systems
- The mild climate and great weather year-round
- Outstanding private recreation facilities and health clubs including:
- Access to high-quality multi-specialty healthcare
- A short commute to work
- Low cost of living
- Short drive to Florida’s Gulf Coast beaches and Georgia/Florida’s Atlantic Coast
- A broad range of entertainment and recreational activities
- Thriving arts and culture
About Thomasville, Georgia
Once known as “the winter resort of the South”, Thomasville, Georgia, is internationally known for its piney woods, hunting plantations, mild climate, and warm, welcoming locals. Situated just 30 miles from Tallahassee, the Capital of Florida, Thomasville lies in the heart of the Red Hills Region, a unique ecological, historic, and culturally diverse area between the Aucilla and Ochlocknee rivers. Thomasville has long been a destination for sportsmen. The longleaf pine forests and wild, native Bob White Quail are well preserved and abundant, with over 170,000 acres under conservation easement in the Red Hills. Favorite outdoor local pastimes include quail, duck, dove, deer, and turkey hunting, river kayaking, fishing, golf, tennis, bird watching, running, and biking.
Discover “A Place Apart”
With a long tradition of entertaining and welcoming visitors from around the world, Thomasville has been a hot spot for distinguished travelers since the late 1800s. In the city’s impressive downtown, you'll find premier shopping, exceptional dining, and exciting antique stores within a leisurely stroll of one another. You can explore the many historical landmarks that connect Thomasville's past and present and then end the day with a handcrafted cocktail at one of Thomasville's unexpectedly cool local restaurants as you rub elbows with locals and visitors alike.
Thomasville will make you feel all at once, out of town and right at home.