Outpatient Physical Therapy Services at Archbold
If you are recovering from an illness, injury, or recent surgery, your doctor may recommend physical therapy to help you function, move, and live better.
The physical therapists at Archbold’s Advanced Therapy & Sports Medicine clinic in Thomasville, Georgia, are specially trained and licensed to diagnose and treat various injuries, disabilities, and health conditions.
Why Is Physical Therapy Important?
Certain illnesses and injuries can cause you to lose range of motion, mobility, and strength which can lead to pain or the inability to perform activities you enjoy. Whether you undergo surgery or not, physical therapy is a critical component of ensuring you make a full recovery from an injury.
Your physical therapist will develop a customized treatment plan that will:
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Improve surgical outcomes by addressing pain, scar tissue, strength, range of motion, and more
- Help fix faulty movement patterns by addressing underlying issues that are causing pain
- Make corrections to movement patterns to prevent ongoing problems
- Use stretching and manual techniques to prevent the build-up of scar tissue
- Improve flexibility and range of motion through stretching tight muscles and joints
- Strengthen muscles associated with your injury, which can help reduce pain and strain on your joints
What Conditions Can Be Treated With Physical Therapy?
People of all ages and various conditions can benefit from physical therapy. Some of the conditions commonly treated with physical therapy include:
- Sports-related Injuries
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Back and Neck Pain
- Limited Range of Motion (ROM)
- Joint Replacement Surgery (hip, knee, and shoulder replacements)
- Ankle Sprain
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Foot Fracture
- Huntington’s Disease
- Knee Ligament Injury
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Balance Issues
- Stroke, Trauma, and Paralysis
- Core Weakness
Why Choose Archbold’s Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine for Physical Therapy?
Archbold's Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine clinic offers goal-directed treatments that are used to help patients return to their daily activity levels. Our licensed professionals and clinicians use state-of-the-art equipment and new technologies to help patients return to happy and healthy lives post-surgery or illness.
We are also home to one of only five therapists in the State of Georgia that holds a Diploma in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) from the McKenzie Institute USA. To learn more about this distinction and the McKenzie method, click here.
Our new state-of-the-art therapy center in Thomasville offers some of the most advanced therapy services in the South Georgia region, including:
- Aquatic Therapy NEW!
- Computerized, objective evaluations of muscle and joint strength to measure recovery progress
- Dry Needling
- LSVT BIG certified for Parkinson’s disease treatment
- Non-surgical and innovative treatment options for common female conditions including headaches, neck, back, and shoulder pain, “mommy tummy” (Diastasis recti), urinary incontinence, poor posture, and flexibility.
- Oncology Therapy Services
- Pediatric therapy
- Solo Step overhead track and harness system to prevent falling and perform dynamic balance and gait activities NEW!
- Sports injury management
- Stair therapy NEW!
- Vestibular (Balance) Program
Schedule an Appointment
Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine
2300 E. Pinetree Boulevard, Thomasville 31792