Outpatient Occupational Therapy Services at Archbold
If you are recovering from an illness or injury that makes it difficult for you to do your job or schoolwork, care for yourself, complete household chores, or move around and participate in daily activities, your doctor may recommend occupational therapy.
The trained and licensed occupational therapists at Archbold’s Advanced Therapy & Sports Medicine clinic in Thomasville, Georgia, help people participate in their desired occupations with the therapeutic use of everyday activities.
Why Is Occupational Therapy Important?
Occupational therapy (OT) is a branch of healthcare that helps people of all ages regain independence in their lives. Occupational therapists use everyday activities, exercises, and other therapies to help people address barriers that affect their emotional, social, and physical needs.
Occupational therapists use customized treatment plans that help patients:
- Develop fine motor skills so they can grasp and release objects with their hands or develop good handwriting or computer skills
- Improve hand-eye coordination
- Master basic life skills such as bathing, dressing, brushing teeth and feeding themselves at mealtime
- Learn positive behaviors and social skills related to how they manage anger and frustration
- Obtain assistive devices and medical equipment (wheelchairs, bathing equipment, communication aids, etc) that can help them perform daily tasks and improve mobility
What Conditions Can Be Treated With Occupational Therapy?
People of all ages and various conditions can benefit from occupational therapy. Some of the conditions commonly treated with occupational therapy include:
- Birth injuries or birth defects
- Sensory processing disorders
- Learning problems
- Broken bones or orthopedic injuries
- Severe hand injuries
- Mental health or behavioral problems
- Traumatic brain injuries or injuries to the spinal cord
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Spina Bifida
- Multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and other chronic neurological conditions
Why Choose Archbold’s Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine for Occupational Therapy?
Archbold's Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine clinic offers goal-directed treatments that are used to help patients return to their daily activity levels. Our licensed professionals and clinicians use state-of-the-art equipment and new technologies to help you return to a happy and healthy life post-surgery or illness.
Our new state-of-the-art therapy center in Thomasville offers some of the most advanced therapy services in the South Georgia region, including:
- Certified Hand Therapy
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Job tests
- Oncology Therapy Services
- Pediatric Therapy
Schedule an Appointment
Advanced Therapy and Sports Medicine
2300 E. Pinetree Boulevard, Thomasville 31792