Please find updated important information below on hospital and facility operations as of October 12, 2018 at 8:30am.
Information for Archbold Staff
- Internet at Archbold Memorial Hospital in Thomasville has been restored. Archbold email has been restored and is accessible at Archbold facilities where power and internet access has been restored. Blackberry services are functional.
- Roads throughout the region have debris or are impassable. If you are traveling to any of our facilities for your shift, please leave early as you are likely to encounter delays.
- The county will continue to maintain Old Monticello Rd. Please use Old Monticello Rd from Hwy 19 to access Archbold Memorial Hospital until further notice.
- For more information on road closures in our service area, please visit: www.511GA.org
All staff need to check with their supervisor to determine staffing needs in your department.
Managers and supervisors should remember payroll must be handled by Monday, October 15 at 1pm. Teresa Binion will be available Sunday afternoon between 1:00-4:00pm at extension 584-7204 or 584-7200 for any payroll questions. If you do not have internet access in your department, you may use the computer lab in the East Tower to access API. The computer lab will be open all weekend and Monday.
Hospital and Facility Operation Information
- We are still limiting hospital visitation at Archbold Memorial Hospital, Grady General Hospital and Mitchell County at this time. If you need medical attention or must visit, please gain entrance to the hospital through the Emergency Department at these facilities. All other entrances remain closed until further notice.
- The Archbold Emergency Operations Center (EOC) remains open. The direct phone line to the EOC is 229-551-2120.The email address for the EOC is EOC@archbold.org.
- Archbold Memorial Hospital, Grady General Hospital, Mitchell County Hospital, Glenn-mor Nursing Home, Pelham Parkway Nursing Home, Mitchell Convalescent Center, and Archbold Northside are currently operating on emergency power.
- All elective outpatient services and procedures scheduled for Friday have been cancelled at Brooks County Hospital, Grady General Hospital and Mitchell County Hospital—we will perform emergency procedures only.
- Surgical procedures and endoscopy procedures will be performed at Archbold Memorial Hospital beginning Friday, October 12, 2018.
- The cath lab at Archbold Memorial Hospital is fully functional as of Friday, October 12, 2018.
- Below is a list of Archbold facilities that are open as of Friday, October 12, 2018.
- Archbold Ambulatory Care Center will be open for pre-op procedures only.
- Lewis Hall Singletary Oncology Center will be open for infusion treatments only.
- Archbold Urgent Care will open at 10am.
- Archbold HomeCare Store
- Archbold Wound Care Center
- South Georgia Surgical Associates
- Archbold Primary Care
- Cardiology Consultants of South Georgia
- Archbold Neurosurgery Services
- Brooks County Outpatient Rehab
- Archbold Home Health Services is currently servicing patients in Brooks, Thomas, and certain areas of Mitchell, Grady and Colquitt counties. Home Health Services are not currently available in Miller, Baker, Seminole and Decatur counties.
- Archbold Patient Financial Services and departments located at the Administrative Services Building will remain closed Friday, October 12, 2018.
- Brooks County Hospital’s phone system is currently not operational. If you have an emergency and need to reach BCH, please call the Archbold EOC at 229-551-2120.
- Archbold Northside’s phone system is currently not operational. If you need to contact Archbold Northside, call 229.227.6829.
- Cell service is unreliable in Grady County and Mitchell County.
- You can find current information regarding hospital operations at www.archbold.org or on Archbold’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ArchboldMedicalCenter.
- We will also communicate changes in hospital operations to our staff via Everbridge, our hospital mass communication system.
- Thomas County E-911 has an Emergency Notification System (Reverse 911) that will allow the general public to receive alerts issued by Thomas County 911 on their cell phones and e-mail. To sign-up for these alerts, visit: https://thomascountyboc.org/communications-911
Our hospitals are not shelters. Please do not seek shelter at the hospitals.
For a list of shelters in our area, please call Thomas County Emergency Management (229) 225-4190.