Archbold’s Internal Medicine Residency Program offers competitive benefits to our residents. Learn more below about our progressive salary offering and other benefits that you will have access to during the three-year program.
Residents are paid a progressive salary.
- PGY-1: $55,000
- PGY-2: $57,000
- PGY-3: $59,000
Residents have access to a variety of educational and licensing benefits.
Book and Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance:
- PGY-1: $1,000 with the option to roll over unused funds to PGY2
- PGY-2: $1,500 with the option to roll over unused funds to PGY3
- PGY-3: $2,000
CME days are available upon Program Director approval.
Paid annual membership to the Medical Association of Georgia and American College of Physicians – National and Georgia Chapter
Insurance and Health Benefits
Health and dental insurance are available for residents and their families.
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance and long-term care insurance are available
- Cancer and critical illness insurance
- Life insurance is free to residents (equal to one times annual base salary)
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D available
- Retirement available
- Tax-free health and dependent care spending accounts
- Medical malpractice insurance paid by Archbold Medical Center for program-related activities
- Maternity and paternity leave
Additional benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off
- Five sick days
- Free lab coats
- Free immunizations
- Free meals
- Free physician parking
- Local gym memberships are available at a reduced rate
- Cell phone allowance
- Annual resident retreat
- State temporary postgraduate training permit fee paid yearly
- Paid two-week orientation (includes social activities and team-building course)
- Initial COMLEX Part 3 or USMLE Part 3 fee paid
- Georgia State License fee paid by the program; resident must be active in the program