Grady General Hospital Inpatient Services
Archbold’s Grady General Hospital offers various levels of inpatient healthcare services for patients that need a hospital stay to recover from an illness, injury, or surgery.
Acute Care Services
Grady General Hospital offers short-term inpatient treatment for patients recovering from a severe injury, medical illness, or surgical procedure.
The team of physicians and medical professionals at Grady General Hospital are skilled in treating various conditions, illnesses and injuries that require continuous medical oversight and around-the-clock nursing care.
Intensive Care Unit
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Grady General Hospital is available for patients who are severely ill or need intensive medical care and monitoring.
Common conditions that may require a stay in the ICU include:
- Heart problems
- Lung problems
- Organ failure
- Brain trauma
- Blood infections (sepsis)
- Drug-resistant infections
- Serious injury (car crash, burns)
Respiratory services are provided by registered respiratory therapists at Grady General Hospital in multiple inpatient and outpatient care settings. Respiratory therapy is specifically focused on the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, education and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
We provide respiratory services to patients with a wide variety of conditions, using many advanced therapies. Some of the services we provide include:
- Bronchodilator therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Non-invasive and invasive ventilation management
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Trach care and trach weaning
- Pulmonary function testing lab
- Graded exercise stress test
- Arterial brachial index—evaluation of lower extremity arterial perfusion
- Holter monitor set-up (24-hour heart monitor)
- Event monitor set-up (21-day heart monitor)
- Echocardiograms are provided 5 days a week
For more information on inpatient services offered at Grady General Hospital, pleases call 229.377.1150