Archbold Memorial Hospital and Archbold’s Brooks County Hospital and Mitchell County Hospital have partnered with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement the Georgia rural hospital tax credit.
Georgia taxpayers can now receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns will be able to take a charitable income tax deduction for the entire amount of their contributions.
HOW MUCH CAN I CONTRIBUTE FOR A TAX CREDIT?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive 100% state income tax credit for contributing to the eligible Archbold hospitals, as follows:
- From January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year, taxpayers are eligible to contribute up to $5,000 for individuals, $10,000 for married couples and $10,000 for pass-through owners.
- On July 1 of each year, limits for individual and married filing jointly taxpayers are waived. This means you can contribute as much as you would like, so long as you have the tax liability to support the contribution.
- On July 1 on each year, limits for pass-through entity owners are waived. This means you can contribute as much as you would like, so long as you have the tax liability – related to your pass-through ownership – to support the contribution.
- At any time during the year, a “C” Corporation or trust shall be allowed a 100% Georgia income tax credit for contributions to RHOs equal to the amount of the contribution, or 75% of the corporation or trust’s income tax liability, whichever is less.
HOW DO I SIGN UP TO CONTRIBUTE?
- Complete and submit your 2020 HEART Tax Credit Form at www.georgiaheart.org.
*In the Designated Rural Hospital Organization box be sure to type in Archbold Memorial Hospital, Brooks County Hospital or Mitchell County Hospital.
Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) in the order in which it is received.
- Within 180 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, or by December 31, 2020, whichever comes first, send a check made payable to any of the eligible Archbold hospitals to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account.
- Georgia HEART will report your contribution to the DOR on your behalf and will send you a tax receipt.
- You will claim the credit when you file your 2020 tax return.
Your contribution will increase our hospitals’ funding and our ability to provide for the healthcare of individuals in our community!
HOW YOUR GIFTS WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Click below to read case statements for each of our hospitals and to learn more about how your contributions will help make an impact.
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Vann Middleton, President of the Archbold Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org