Archbold’s Brooks County Hospital, Grady General Hospital and Mitchell County Hospital have partnered with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement the new Georgia rural hospital tax credit.
Georgia taxpayers can now receive a state income tax CREDIT for 90% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns will be able to take a charitable income tax deduction for the entire amount of their contributions.
HOW MUCH CAN I CONTRIBUTE FOR A TAX CREDIT?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to any of the Archbold hospitals as follows:
- Married Filing Jointly: 90% of the amount contributed or $10,000, whichever is less
- Must contribute $11,111 to receive full $10,000 tax credit
- Individual Filer: 90% of the amount contributed or $5,000 per tax year, whichever is less
- Must contribute $5,556 to receive full $5,000 tax credit
- C-Corporation or Trust: 90% of the amount contributed, up to 75% of its Georgia income tax liability
HOW DO I SIGN UP TO CONTRIBUTE?
- Complete and submit your 2018 HEART Tax Credit Form at www.georgiaheart.org/donate/tax_contribution_type, or mail a completed copy of the form to:
3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375
Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092
In the Designated Rural Hospital Organization box be sure to type in Brooks County Hospital, Grady General Hospital or Mitchell County Hospital.
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to any of the Archbold hospitals to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account.
- Georgia HEART will send you confirmation of your contribution and instruct you on how to submit a copy to the DOR.
- Georgia HEART will send you a tax receipt and filing instructions for 2018 tax filing purposes.
Your contribution will increase our hospitals’ funding and our ability to provide for the healthcare of individuals in our community!
HOW YOUR GIFTS WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Click below to read case statements for each of our hospitals and to learn more about how your contributions will help make an impact.
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Vann Middleton, President of the Archbold Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org