Projects and Responsibilites
Research Project: Residents are required to design, develop and complete an original research project. This includes a final manuscript of research results. Residents are expected to present their project at the Southeastern Residency Conference in April of their residency year.
Medication Use Evaluation: Residents will work on a quality improvement project with a goal to improve the care delivered to patients at AMH.
Continuing Education presentation: Residents will prepare one 60 minute presentation for ACPE credit on approved topics, complete with PowerPoint slides and handouts.
Journal Club: Residents are expected to present current journal articles at scheduled times throughout the year.
Staffing: Residents gain experience in the pharmacy’s medication distribution system by staffing the main pharmacy one 4-hour weekday evening shift each week. Residents also staff every other weekend through the residency program.
Evaluations: Residents are expected to complete all evaluations including rotational evaluations and global evaluations in a timely manner.
Licensure: Residents are expected to obtain Georgia licensure by specified time in acceptance packet.
- The process to become licensed in the state of Georgia begins by requesting the appropriate information from the State Board of Pharmacy. Both reciprocating and new pharmacy licensees are to take the Georgia version of the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam (MPJE). In addition, the new licensees and reciprocating licensees are required to take the Georgia Practical Exam; the Practice Exam is traditionally administered in June and August each year.
- The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy can be contacted by phone at 404.651.8000 or by visiting their website at http://gbp.georgia.gov
- Antibiotic stewardship and kinetic dosing
- Parental nutrition consults
- Community health education opportunities
- Educational presentations
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee participation
- Medical Grand Rounds
- Preceptor development
- Basic Life support
- Advanced Cardiac Life support
- Pharmacy Conferences
- Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Southeastern Residency Conference (SERC)