Please find updated important information below on hospital and facility operations as of Friday, October 12, 2018 at 2:30pm. We will update this page as we have more information to provide you.
Information for Archbold Staff
- Archbold Memorial Hosital is expected to convert back to regular power by mid-afternoon Saturday, October 13.
- Internet at Archbold Memorial Hospital, Brooks County Hospital and Grady General Hospital has been restored. Archbold email has been restored and is accessible at Archbold facilities where power and internet access has been restored. Blackberry services are functional.
- Mitchell County Hospital doesn’t have internet access at this time.
- Water has been restored at Mitchell County Hospital.
- Roads throughout the region still have debris or are impassable. If you are traveling to any of our facilities for your shift, please leave early as you are likely to encounter delays.
- The county will continue to maintain Old Monticello Rd. Please use Old Monticello Rd from Hwy 19 to access Archbold Memorial Hospital until further notice.
- For more information on road closures in our service area, please visit: www.511GA.org
- All staff need to check with their supervisor to determine staffing needs in your department.
- Managers and supervisors should remember payroll must be handled by Monday, October 15 at 1pm. Teresa Binion will be available Sunday afternoon between 1:00-4:00pm at extension 584-7204 or 584-7200 for any payroll questions. If you do not have power or internet access in your department, you may use the computer lab in the East Tower to access API. The computer lab will be open all weekend and Monday.
Hospital and Facility Operation Information
- We are still limiting hospital visitation at Archbold Memorial Hospital, Grady General Hospital and Mitchell County at this time. If you need medical attention or must visit, please gain entrance to the hospital through the Emergency Department at these facilities. All other entrances remain closed until further notice.
- The Archbold Emergency Operations Center (EOC) remains open. The direct phone line to the EOC is 229-551-2120. The email address for the EOC is EOC@archbold.org.
- Archbold Memorial Hospital, Grady General Hospital, Mitchell County Hospital, Glenn-mor Nursing Home, Pelham Parkway Nursing Home, Mitchell Convalescent Center, and Archbold Northside are currently operating on emergency power.
- All elective outpatient services and procedures scheduled for Friday have been cancelled at Grady General Hospital and Mitchell County Hospital—we will perform emergency procedures only.
- Surgical procedures and endoscopy procedures will be performed at Archbold Memorial Hospital beginning Friday, October 12, 2018.
- The cath lab at Archbold Memorial Hospital is fully functional as of Friday, October 12, 2018.
- Archbold Patient Financial Services and departments located at the Administrative Services Building are still without power at this time. Employees should check with their supervisor for more information on when they can return to work.
- Below is a list of Archbold facilities that opened Friday, October 12, 2018, and are now operating under regular business hours.
- Archbold Ambulatory Care Center will be open for pre-op procedures only.
- Lewis Hall Singletary Oncology Center will be open for infusion treatments only. Infusion treatments will also be offered Saturday, October 13.
- Archbold Urgent Care
- Archbold HomeCare Store/Pinetree Pharmacy
- Archbold Wound Care Center
- South Georgia Surgical Associates
- Archbold Primary Care
- Cardiology Consultants of South Georgia
- Archbold Neurosurgery Services
- Brooks County Outpatient Rehab
- Archbold Pulmonology and Critical Care Services
- Archbold Outpatient Rehab
- Below is a list of Archbold Medical Group facilities that are expected to be open Monday, October 15, 2018
- Urology Associates of Archbold
- Archbold Neurology Services
- Archbold Gastroenterology Group
- Archbold Ear, Nose, Throat and Allergy Center
- Bainbridge Specialty Clinic
- Archbold Home Health Services is currently servicing patients in Brooks, Thomas, and certain areas of Mitchell, Grady and Colquitt counties. Home Health Services are not currently available in Miller, Baker, Seminole and Decatur counties.
- Hospice of Southwest Georgia is currently servicing patients throughout our service area.
- Brooks County Hospital’s phone system is operational.
- Archbold Northside’s phone system is currently not operational. If you need to contact Archbold Northside, call 229.227.6829.
- Cell service is unreliable in Grady County and Mitchell County.
- You can find current information regarding hospital operations at www.archbold.org or on Archbold’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ArchboldMedicalCenter.
- We will also communicate changes in hospital operations to our staff via Everbridge, our hospital mass communication system.
- Thomas County E-911 has an Emergency Notification System (Reverse 911) that will allow the general public to receive alerts issued by Thomas County 911 on their cell phones and e-mail. To sign-up for these alerts, visit: https://thomascountyboc.org/communications-911
Our hospitals are not shelters. Please do not seek shelter at the hospitals.
If you need a shelter or if you are currently without power and have power-dependent medical needs (need power to operate oxygen concentrators, home dialysis machine, etc.), you can use New Covenant Church in Thomasville as a shelter. Their information is as follows:
New Covenant Church
48 Patterson Still Spur
Thomasville, GA 31757
Home Medical Supplies
If you need extra oxygen tanks, Archbold Home Care Store has oxygen tanks for purchase. Their information is as follows:
2705 Pinetree Boulevard
Thomasville, GA 31757