As we monitor Hurricane Michael’s projected track, our current information suggests weather conditions are expected to intensify throughout the day Wednesday and into Thursday. Widespread and prolonged power outages are expected. Inability to drive because downed trees and power lines are expected.
Please find updated information below regarding hospital operations. We will continue to communicate with you as we get more information. Please ensure you and your family are safe.
Hospital and Facility Operation Information
- Due to the severe weather conditions, we are limiting hospital visitation at this time. If you need medical attention or must visit, please gain entrance to the hospital through the Emergency Department. All other entrances are closed until further notice.
- The Archbold Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is now open. The direct phone line to the EOC is 229-551-2120.The email address for the EOC is EOC@archbold.org.
- All elective outpatient services and procedures scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday have been cancelled at Archbold Memorial Hospital, Brooks County Hospital, Grady General Hospital and Mitchell County Hospital—we will perform emergency procedures only.
- The Archbold Ambulatory Care Center, Wound Care Center, Outpatient Rehab, all AMG physician clinics and specialty clinics will be closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Archbold Urgent Care and the Singletary Oncology Center will be closed Wednesday. Both are planning to re-open at noon on Thursday, or when it’s safe to resume operations.
- Archbold Patient Financial Services and departments located at the Administrative Services Building will be closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- You can find current information regarding hospital operations at www.archbold.org or on Archbold’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ArchboldMedicalCenter.
- We will also communicate changes in hospital operations to our staff via Everbridge, our hospital mass communication system.
- Thomas County E-911 has an Emergency Notification System (Reverse 911) that will allow the general public to receive alerts issued by Thomas County 911 on their cell phones and e-mail. To sign-up for these alerts, visit: https://thomascountyboc.org/communications-911
The hospital is not a shelter. Please do not seek shelter at the hospital. We have confirmed the following shelters are open:
First Baptist Church of Thomasville
210 N Broad St