Archbold in collaboration with WorkSource Southwest Georgia —the Workforce Division of the Georgia Department of Economic Development located in Southwest Georgia—has implemented a unique on-site training program that will help meet the needs of individuals interested in a career as a CNA.
Archbold’s CNA program is partially funded by a federal grant from WorkSource Southwest Georgia.
- Students selected for the ten-week training program will be hired as Archbold employees while earning CNA credit hours
- Students will earn an hourly wage while completing 140 hours of course work and clinical hours
- All CNA requirements outlined by the State of Georgia will be followed to ensure students are well-trained and prepared to care for patients
- Upon program completion, graduates will sit for the Georgia CNA Certification Exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant and will be placed in a fulltime (40 hours/week) CNA position with one of Archbold’s facilities.
- CNA’s, just like all nurses employed by Archbold, are subject to working all shifts (1st, 2nd or 3rd ) as well as working weekends.
Archbold and WorkSource Southwest Georgia will screen all applicants following standard employment practices, including a face-to-face interview with program staff and the Archbold Human Resources department. In addition, candidates must also meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass reading/math skill assessments
- Must have a clear background and drug screen
- Must be tobacco/nicotine free
The next program start date is July 24, 2017.
The deadline to apply for the next program is June 30, 2017.
To see the program schedule (including hours), click here.
To apply for the program, click here.
If you have questions about the program, please email email@example.com