Archbold in collaboration with WorkSource Southwest Georgia —the Workforce Division of the Georgia Department of Economic Development located in Southwest Georgia—has implemented a unique on-site training program that will help meet the needs of individuals interested in a career as a CNA. Due to partial grant funding, there is no cost to the student for the program.
- Students that are selected for the nine-week (9) training program will be hired as Archbold employees while earning CNA credit hours.
- Students will earn an hourly wage while completing 140 hours of course work and clinical hours.
- All CNA requirements outlined by the State of Georgia will be followed to ensure students are well-trained and prepared to care for patients.
- Upon program completion, graduates will sit for the Georgia CNA Certification Exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant and will be placed in a fulltime (40 hours/week) CNA position with one of Archbold’s nursing homes. Pay rate will be increased.
- CNA’s, just like all nurses employed by Archbold, depending on the facility where they are placed, will work 12- hour shifts, day or night, any day of the week including weekends and holidays.
Archbold and WorkSource Southwest Georgia will screen all applicants following standard employment practices, including a face-to-face interviews with program staff, WorkSource Southwest Georgia and the Archbold Human Resources department. In addition, candidates must also meet all of the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Must be able to pass reading/math skill assessments
- Cannot be enrolled in any other college courses during the program
- Must have a clear background and drug screen
- Must be tobacco/nicotine free
- Must pass employment physical and drug screen
The next program start date is June 10, 2019.
The Program Application will be available March 4th, 2019. Applicants must apply using the application listed under the Nursing Home location that they wish to work for after graduation and certification: Glenn Mor in Thomasville, Pelham Parkway in Pelham or Mitchell County Convalescent in Camilla. The deadline to apply for the June program is April 30, 2019.
To see the program schedule (including hours), click here.
To apply for the program, choose the application under one of our three Nursing Homes job listings.
IMPORTANT: If you have questions about the program, please email your questions to email@example.com. All responses will be made by email within one week of receipt. Due to the volume of applications for this program, also allow one full week for an email response to your application. Only those who submit a completed application online will be considered for the program. The Program is limited to ten (10) students.