Archbold Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship
Start date: September 1, 2023
We are seeking a candidate who is interested in a well-rounded “4th year” Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship position. For the 2023-2024 academic year, the Advanced Fellow at Archbold will receive training in 3rd space endoscopy/endoscopic surgery procedures, advanced ERCP, therapeutic EUS and other advanced endoscopic procedures by the director of the program, Dr. Stavros Stavropoulos for a minimum of 24 clinical weeks (consisting of four endoscopy days and one day of advanced endoscopy office consultations). The advanced fellows will also receive focused additional EUS/ERCP training from our pancreato-biliary interventional attending.
The expected minimum volume of advanced procedures is 500 with approximately 200 being 3rd space/ Endoscopic Surgery procedures (e.g. POEM, GPOEM, ZPOEM, EFTR/STER, ESD, endo-bariatric procedures, TIF).
The advanced fellow will also participate in research activities and in our live endoscopy demonstrations and courses. The fellow will have dedicated office space adjacent to the endoscopy unit and access to the Archbold physicians’ lounge and will be assisted by a dedicated Advanced Endoscopy NP and a dedicated inpatient GI PA. The fellow will train in interventional ORs including the latest equipment:
- A new Omega state-of-the-art integrated fluoroscopy room (in addition to a secondary fluoroscopy room with a state-of-the-art OCE C-arm)
- The latest generation Olympus endoscopes
- The latest generation specialized Fuji endoscopes for ESD and double balloon enteroscopy
- Three latest EUS consoles from Olympus (Arietta, Prosound75 and EUM2 ultrasound probe unit)
- Other advanced endoscopy specialized equipment including Endoflip, Barrx and three double channel endoscopes for Overstitch applications and all specialized 3rd space equipment and disposables
For candidates who would like to see our unit and advanced team in action, our recent live endoscopy course focusing on complex 3rd space endoscopy was broadcast live on September 29, 2022, and is available gratis for on-demand viewing at https://www.broadcastmed.com/gastroenterology/8834/videos/archbold-live-a-day-of-gi-endoscopy-cases-with-stavros-stavropoulos-md
If you are interested in this opportunity, please fill out the form below and upload the most recent copy of your CV. An Archbold representative will be in contact with you soon.