Visitor Policy Update (10/19/21)
Effective Tuesday, October 19, the following policies will be in place.
- Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 positive inpatients will not be allowed visitors
- For all other inpatients, two (2) visitor per day allowed. Inpatients can request overnight visitors.
- Patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to have visitors
- One (1) visitor allowed for patients who have not tested positive for COVID-19 or are not showing symptoms of COVID-19. Two (2) visitors are allowed if the patient is a minor.
Labor and Delivery:
- Allowed two (2) designated support persons. The support persons cannot be positive for COVID-19.
- The two (2) designated supports person are the only visitors allowed per stay.
Surgery/Endoscopy/Heart and Vascular:
- Allowed two (2) visitors per patient.
The following visitation policies remain in effect at this time:
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed.
- Policies for visitors in inpatient areas of Brooks County Hospital, Grady General Hospital and Mitchell County Hospital will be determined at each site based on the number of COVID-19 patients at the facility.
- Patients at the hospital for an outpatient diagnostic procedure (radiology, lab, etc.) should enter the facility alone unless they require assistance.
- Patients at urgent care may have one (1) designated visitor at the bedside as appropriate, with two (2) allowed if the patient is a minor. No visitors will be allowed to wait in waiting areas.
- Policies for visitors at long-term care facilities will be based on guidance from the Department of Public Health related to positivity rates of the county and the nursing home.
- Patients with appointments at any Archbold outpatient department (ACC, Women’s Center, Wound Care, etc.) may have one (1) person accompany them and the patient and visitor must wear a mask at all times.
Grady General Hospital Visitor Policy Update (7/30/21)
Beginning Friday, July 30th, 2021 Grady General Hospital is temporarily suspending visitation, with very limited exceptions.
No visitation of COVID-19 positive patients will be permitted.
Exceptions to the visitation policy will require a guest sticker obtained from the ED entrance and will only be allowed in the following situations:
- Obstetric patients may have one support person that must stay for the duration of visit.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have two visitors at a time with approval of department manager.
- Patients with conditions for whom a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor with approval of department manager.
- Minors under age 18 may have one parent or guardian
- Patients in the emergency department may have one visitor, who remains in the room at all times at the discretion of the ED charge nurse (depends on ED volume).
Entrance into the facility will be through the Emergency Department as the front entrance has been closed.